Transport from/to Cape Town International Airport
Since most participants will arrive and depart by air we have arranged a preferred service provider for a shuttle service from/to Cape Town International Airport (CPT). The airport is approximately 30km away from Stellenbosch, and the single journey takes approximately 25-30 minutes.
Bookings for the shuttle service between CPT and Stellenbosch can be made through CALVYN’S TOURS. For bookings, send an e-mail to including the following information:
- Date of travel (to and/or from the airport);
- Place of departure (CPT airport, or for the return, from which guest house/hotel in Stellenbosch);
- Your flight number and arrival/departure time;
- For how many people are you making the booking? (If your booking is for you alone, indicate whether you would be willing to wait up to 60 minutes for a joint shuttle with other congress participants, resulting into cheaper tariffs – see below);
- Your contact e-mail.
CALVYN’S TOURS offers a “staggered” tariff system (per one-way trip):
- One person: R350 per person;
- Two persons: R450 per sedan shuttle (i.e. R225 per person);
- Three persons: R550 per sedan shuttle (i.e. R183.33 per person);
- Four or five persons: R750 per shuttle
- Seven and more persons: R150 per person in minibus shuttle (with longer waiting times).
The operator will compare flight details of different bookings, and will contact participants who arrive/depart on the same day in close temporal proximity. He will then suggest a group rate for those who are willing to travel in a joint shuttle.
No advance payments will be necessary, and payment can be made in cash before the shuttle departure.
CALVYN’S TOURS will have a reception table in both the international and domestic arrivals terminals in Cape Town International Airport. Those who have reservations will therefore be received by their agents on your flight arrival.
Transport between hotels/guest houses and congress venues
All congress venues and venues of cultural events and receptions are within walking distance from one another. Most hotels and guesthouses are also near them. If necessary (for example, in case of physically challenged persons), a shuttle service may be requested. Please contact Ms. Estelle Muller (email@example.com) if you would need such a service. It will be provided at no extra cost.